how to make RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™
Crispy, sweet and often studded with tasty add-ins, RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™ are one of the easier no-bake treats around. But here are savvy tips and advice on how to make RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™ even easier. We’re talking quicker clean up, smart storage and ways to transform them into edible gifts for the holidays. Whether you’re aiming for classic treats, or want to use add-ins to create peanut butter treats, chocolate lover’s desserts and s’mores-style scrumptiousness, we can help you do it!
Tips and tricks for the best RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™
- JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows are interchangeable with regular-size JET-PUFFED Marshmallows in recipes. As a rule, you can substitute 6 or 7 large JET-PUFFED Marshmallows for each cup of JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows.
- To avoid a sticky situation, spray the spoon with cooking spray before using to stir the melted marshmallows into the cereal.
- For easy cleanup, spray pan with cooking spray before filling with marshmallow-cereal mixture. Then, cover with waxed paper before pressing onto bottom of pan.
- Although you will be tempted to eat the tasty cereal treats immediately after making them, let them cool at least 30 minutes before cutting them into squares. The cooled marshmallow-cereal mixture will be much easier to cut.
- For easy cutting, unmold the pan of treats onto a cutting board. Then, use a pizza cutter or large knife sprayed with cooking spray to cut the treats into desired shapes.
- To store the treats, cover the pan with foil, or wrap individual servings with plastic wrap, and store at room temperature. Do not store in refrigerator since this will make the treats soggy.
Personalize your RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™
- JET-PUFFED Marshmallows come in a variety of shapes and flavors, such as strawberry or chocolate. Try one next time you prepare your favorite marshmallow recipe. Or for a fun simple garnish, top frosted cupcakes with one or more of the fun marshmallow shapes.
- For holiday entertaining, use holiday cookie cutters to cut the marshmallow treats into assorted shapes. Try this fun July 4th recipe for Sparklin' Marshmallow Crispy Treats.
- Celebrate the holidays throughout the year by serving the kids colored treats. Just stir a couple drops of food coloring into the melted marshmallow mixture before mixing with the cereal. For example, use red food coloring for Valentine's Day or Christmas, or green for St. Patrick's Day.
- A variety of mix-ins can turn ordinary treats into extra-special ones. Try stirring a handful of mini chocolate chips, chopped PLANTERS Nuts, toasted BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut or candy-coated chocolate pieces into the cereal with the melted marshmallows.
- Make the cooled treats extra special by decorating them with colored sprinkles, canned frosting, melted BAKER'S Chocolate, small candies or colored decorating gels.