cooking 101: chicken & biscuits
Sour cream makes the biscuits extra moist and delicious in this simple and satisfying comfort food dish.
what you need
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas), thawed
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 3 Tbsp. milk
make it1. HEAT
oven to 375°F. Mix soup and 1⁄2 cup sour cream in 8-inch square baking dish. Add chicken, vegetables and cheese; mix.
2. PLACE baking mix in medium bowl. Add remaining 1⁄4 cup sour cream and milk; stir until stiff dough forms.
3. DROP by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds over chicken mixture. Bake 35 min. or until biscuits are golden brown and chicken mixture is hot and bubbly.
: Save 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving by preparing with reduced fat cream of chicken soup, Breakstone’s Reduced Fat or Knudsen Light Sour Cream, Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese and fat-free milk.