cooking 101: creamy tomato-basil pasta with shrimp
You don't need a complicated recipe to make this creamy pasta dish—Philly cream cheese does it for you.
what you need
- 3 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tsp. each garlic powder and black pepper
- 4 oz. (1⁄2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Philadelphia Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
PREP: 25 min.
MAKES: 4 servings, 2 cups each.
make it1. COOK
pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet; cover to keep warm. Discard any drippings.
remaining dressing, broth and seasonings to skillet; cook 2 min. or until heated through. Add Neufchatel; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted. Stir in tomatoes; cook 1 min.
pasta. Add to ingredients in skillet. Stir in Parmesan and half the basil; top with shrimp and remaining basil.
Check out more delicious and easy seafood recipes