Spring Cleaning and Two Potato Recipes in One
April 22, 2013
Spring Cleaning has come to my house. I am purging and cleaning and organizing. I decided to add my pantry into one of the things that I need to tackle. It's a long process but I'm finding things that I haven't used yet and it's just sitting around. Like potatoes. So I came up with two potato recipes that are easy to make but still oh so good. You can make both simultaneously because the second recipe uses some leftovers of the first. I was so proud of myself when I thought of this, and well it's getting rid of more things in the kitchen. Hurray for that! I'm going to have to check out Kraft Recipes so I can get rid of more things I have in my pantry and make delicious meals out of it!
Recipe for Potato Egg Bake
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 cup of chopped OSCAR MAYER Carving Board Slow Cooked Ham
- 1 cup of KRAFT Shredded Four Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Eggs
- Cut off the top 1/3 of a cooked potato and then make it into a boat by spooning out the insides, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell. DO NOT throw away the insides of the potato if you want to make the second recipe.
- Bake just the potatoes at 350 for an hour, to soften them up. The first time I tried this recipe out it wasn't soft enough to really be able to eat easily. Learn from my mistake!
- Take the potatoes out and add 1 Tbsp. of butter on the inside of each potato. Add ½ cup of cheese and ½ cup of chopped ham in each potato as well.
- Crack an egg and empty the entire thing into the boat. Do the same for the second potato. Try not to let the Yolk break apart.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for 25-35 minutes at 350 or until the egg whites set.
Serve and enjoy
Check out Being Alison for another recipe – Mini Potato Puffs!
Please keep in mind that the bloggers' opinions, advice and recipes are their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Kraft Foods.