sign up for email
tips & ideas
add a recipe
add your photo
1 hr 30 min
Chicken & Turkey Entrees
what you need
12 flour or corn tortillas (plus a few for mistakes)
1 package Kraft All Natural Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 medium tomatoes, divided
1 small jalapeno
1.5 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
1 scallion (green onion), chopped
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, divided
Salt & pepper
1 ripe avocado
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 pounds ground chicken
1 tablespoon cumin
1.5 tablespoons chili powder
Cayenne pepper (optional)
1 container Breakstone's Sour Cream (any size or type will do)
1. Cut all tortillas in half.
2. Form each half into a cupcake shape by placing in a cupcake tin and forming/bending/ripping until it fills almost the entire cup. If it doesn't quite stay together, it's fine because the melted cheese will keep it together.
3. Sprinkle as much or as little cheese into the bottom of each cup as you like.
4. Using 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, brush edges of each cup.
5. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
Pico de Gallo:
1. Cut 2 tomatoes in half and scoop out all the seeds.
2. Dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
3. Take the seeds and ribs out of 1 jalapeno and dice as finely or largely as you like.
4. Seed cucumber and dice the same size as tomatoes.
5. Mix all vegetables in a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt, 1 scallion and 1 or 2 tablespoons cilantro depending on how much you like cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1. Peel and pit the avocado and cut into cubes.
2. Seed half a tomato and dice,
3. Add lemon juice and cilantro and mash with a potato masher or fork (If you like really smooth, creamy guacamole you can use a food processor instead).
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1. Defrost meat (if frozen).
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet.
3. Cook meat until it is no longer pink anywhere (Depends on the temperature of the pan).
4. Add cumin and chili powder and remaining garlic salt (and cayenne pepper if you like it spicy) and cook for one minute.
5. Add salt and pepper if needed.
1. Take cooled tortilla cup out of pan.
2. Fill cup with meat.
3. Add your favorite toppings (guacamole, Pico de gallo, sour cream, etc.)!
4. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
This recipe seems like it has a lot of steps, but it is a phenomenal way to cook with kids. I made this recipe alone, but kids could easily get involved! Have them in the kitchen next to you chopping vegetables, smashing avocados for guac or assembling taco cups. This is a fun, easy way to get kids to want to eat their vegetables and healthy meats such as chicken as well as try new things, such as guacamole. Kids love to eat things that they helped make!
Spices in this recipe could be changed up depending on taste. If you like pico de gallo spicier, leave the seeds and ribs in the jalapeno. If you like meat spicy, add cayenne pepper.
add to recipe box
send to a friend
This recipe has not yet been rated.
Be the first to rate this recipe.
use what's on hand
Not sure what to make? Tell us which ingredients you'd like to use, and we'll make a suggestion.
Salads & sides
sign up for email
add to circles
on the go
iFood assistant apps
kraft mobile recipes
advertise with us
more from kraft foods
subscribe to magazine
kraft foods corporate
other kraft foods sites
collaborate with kraft
© 2013 Kraft Foods. All rights reserved
browse by meal
breakfast & brunch
holidays & entertaining
quick & easy recipes
1 bag 5 dinners
memorial day recipes
strawberry cheesecake recipes
cream cheese frosting recipes
roasted chicken recipes
taco salad recipes
grilled cheese recipes
JELL-O salad recipes
pita & wrap recipes
ground beef recipes
kraft kitchens favorites
easy parmesan-garlic chicken skewers
Enjoy this recipe which is sure to become a family favorite!
for nutrition professionals
healthy living recipes
kids can cook
kids in the kitchen
charts & guides
what’s in season
JELL-O mold shop
These trendy striped salad bowls will be the star of the table!
kraft foods community
kraft first taste
cucumber tomato salad
Try this member submitted recipe made with Kraft Italian Dressing – a proven winner for more than 40 years!
submitted by: POBradentonFL
what people are talking about
kitchen basics videos
how to grill veggies
how to grill corn
how to grill salmon
how to grill steak
how to make jam
strawberry pretzel squares
summer squash bake
wave your flag cake
Michele shows us how to make this dessert using JELL-O, berries, and pound cake.
PLANTERS PEANUT BUTTER
KRAFT BARBEQUE SAUCE
tools & info
nutrition & ingredient info
OSCAR MAYER SELECTS Chicken Breast Franks. No artificial preservatives and gluten free!
sign up to become a member