Two of summer's top ingredients—corn and avocado—in one sals...
Fiery jalapeño peppers and summer-sweet strawberries strike ...
I made this for my family and it was a huge hit!!! I am maki...
Great with multigrain chips. I skipped the jalapeño and it...
Check out this smart way to enjoy food that could be at home...
Homemade corn salsa is the ultimate way to enjoy seasonal ve...
Bueno esta receta esta divina por que esta muy facil y es u...
Scored some goods from the farmers' market? Make this amazin...
Delish in my husband's words. We didn't use it as a dip but ...
- Salsa is the perfect make-ahead party appetizer since it often tastes better the next day.
- When cooking with chile peppers, wear disposable gloves and avoid touching your face, eyes or other sensitive areas.
- Most of the heat in a chile pepper is found in the seeds and inner white membrane, so discard these for milder salsa.
- To easily chop a tomato for salsa, cut it into wedges, then cut the wedges into smaller pieces.
- It’s easy to customize a salsa recipe to your family’s tastes. If you know members of your family are not fans of a particular ingredient, like garlic or peppers, simply decrease or omit it.
- Try using a sweet onion, like Vidalia or Maui, in place of a yellow or white onion in your favorite salsa recipe. Sweet onions have a milder taste that works especially well in fruit salsas.
- Change up your salsa recipe by using non-traditional ingredients: substitute fresh basil for cilantro; use roasted or grilled peppers instead of fresh; add sun-dried tomatoes.
- Salsa can be a fresh and flavorful condiment with dinner, and tastes even better when you use in-season produce to make it. Visit our Seasonal Produce Guide for ideas.
- If you have extra salsa in the fridge, try making our Salsa Turkey Grill sandwiches as part of a quick hearty lunch.
- More than just tomatoes! Fruit-based salsas, like Mango Carrot Salsa or Citrus Salsa make a great alternative to your usual salsa recipe and taste wonderful with baked or grilled fish.
- Try making your own Fresh Tomato Salsa for taco night—pass around the table with your other favorite taco toppers.
- Stir salsa into your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe for a new twist on an old favorite.