Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious treat to enjoy all season long. You don’t have to wait until Halloween to enjoy these delicious morsels. Whether you prefer roasted pumpkin seeds, baked pumpkin seeds or toasted pumpkin seeds, you and your family can enjoy making these tasty delights.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Tips
Tips and Tricks
- When carving your pumpkins, save the seeds! Season the seeds, then bake them for a crunchy snack. Our oh-so-easy roasted pumpkin seeds recipe produces delicious results. Or for a change of pace, you can roast butternut squash seeds, too.
- Store the roasted seeds in an airtight container or resealable plastic food storage bag at room temperature. If the seeds start to lose their crunch, spread them on a baking sheet and bake in a 350°F oven 3 to 4 min. or until crisp. Keep an eye on the seeds as they bake since they can easily burn.
- Hosting a pumpkin carving party? Roast the seeds while the guests are busy carving their pumpkins. Then send each guest home with a bag of the roasted seeds as their party favor.
- Check out our Halloween games and activities section in our Halloween helper for suggestions for fun party games, such “guess the number of pumpkin seeds in a jar.”
- Our Seasonal Pumpkin and Winter Squash pages have even more tips for selecting and preparing pumpkin and squash.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds make a great crunchy topping for soups and salads.
- Use plain untoasted pumpkin seeds to prepare our irresistible Crunchy Peanut and Pumpkin Seed Brittle or creamy Spicy Toasted Pumpkin Seed Dip.
- Our Roasted Pumpkin Macaroni calls for fresh cubed pumpkin. When cutting up the pumpkin, don’t forget to save and toast the seeds for a crunchy snack.
- For variety, try seasoning your pumpkin seeds with other favorite flavorings. For example, toss ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds with 2 tsp. GOOD SEASONS Italian Salad Dressing Mix, 1/2 tsp. chipotle pepper seasoning or 1 tsp. lemon pepper.