Transitioning to the Kraft Heinz Site Privacy Notice
As you may know, last year brought some exciting changes for our company when H.J. Heinz Company and Kraft Foods Group, Inc. became The Kraft Heinz Company. On September 1st 2016, we plan to transition all of our existing websites to the Kraft Heinz Site Privacy Notice. This will ensure that all of our privacy-related representations are in one simple location, making it easier for our customers and website users to read and understand how Kraft Heinz will use and disclose any information that we collect from or about users of our websites.
This Summary of Changes are intended to help you review and understand our transition over to the Kraft Heinz Site Privacy Notice, and the key differences in how your information will be collected, used, or otherwise shared. Your privacy is really important to us, and most of the ways in which Kraft Heinz will use and share your information will be the same. Reading the following summary of changes is not a substitute for reading the full text of the Kraft Heinz Site Privacy Notice, and we encourage you to take a few minutes to review it.
- Kraft Heinz will continue to collect certain personal information when you choose to provide it to us, but we offer many new and exciting ways for you to interact with us. For example, you can choose to register on our sites; participate in certain interactive features, such as using our recipe exchange, recipe ratings, and product ratings and reviews; forward certain information on our sites to your friends; and connect with us on social media.
- When you interact with our websites through your mobile device, we may collect certain information, such as your mobile phone number, device identifier, or geolocation information.
Information Use and Sharing
- We may share the information we collect from and about you among Kraft Heinz brands and subsidiaries.
- We may send you promotional offers, materials, and other communications and information about Kraft Heinz, its portfolio of brands, and its partners. You may receive these offers through email (if you have signed up for that option) or in advertising that may be directed to you on third party sites and media platforms, including in social media.
- When we conduct joint promotions with other companies, we may share certain personal information about you as necessary to conduct the promotion. Any promotional partners, however, are limited from using this information for their own marketing purposes.
- We may also share anonymous or de-identified information with our marketing partners and media platforms to allow them to send targeted advertising messages and/or conduct analyses on our behalf.
- The Privacy Notice more specifically describes the presence of third-party ads and cookies and explains how users can opt-out of receiving ads from certain advertisers and ad networks.
- Kraft Heinz websites are intended for general audiences. This means that we do not direct the sites to collect, or knowingly collect, any personal information from children under the age of 13.
- The Privacy Notice acknowledges that if there is a sale of assets or acquisition, Kraft Heinz customer information may be transferred as an asset to a new business entity.
Should you have any questions, or need additional information, please feel free to E-mail us.