Click here for the recipe: Kid-Style Sushi
My kids don’t like sushi-grade fish, which is completely fine (more for me). However, they do think it’s a blast to make this imposter version of the sushi roll. On rainy Saturday mornings that drag (just a tad), the kid-sushi assembly line at the kitchen table before lunch is one of my go-to tactics.
Kid-Style Sushi Assembly Line:
- The kids (depending on their ages) cut the crusts off the white bread with a butter knife.
- Then, with a rolling pin, they roll each bread slice into a flattened square.
- Add a slice of ham, a slice of cheese and a chunk of avocado and roll tightly.
- An adult cuts the “roll” into three pieces…
- BAM, sushi!
- For some glam (and a little bit of greens), tie each with a strip of green onion.
If that doesn’t carry you through the day, this jiggly rainbow Kaleidoscope Mold is another all-hands-on-deck project. Or there’s always kid appeal for a Quick Quesadilla and a surprisingly easy Cheesy Calzone.