Once our grill comes out, it’s not going back until the snow begins to fall (and there have been a few times when even that doesn’t deter my husband). But to my surprise, that doesn’t mean we’ve seen everything there is to grill. I know mine isn’t the only family of die-hard barbecuers out there, so I’m sharing my recipes for the top 10 things you never knew you always wanted to grill—you should share them too (you can tweet ’em right from the recipe page)! And make sure you let us know how these dishes turn out—tweet your pics to @KraftFoods.
- Kickin’ Grilled Nachos: If there’s one thing everyone can agree on, it’s nachos! Cooking them on the grill means you get perfectly melty cheese and crunchy (not soggy) chips.
This player is created by Blackwell Team.
- Grilled Caesar Salad: No, I’m not crazy—this is actually my favorite Caesar salad recipe. Grilling the romaine gives the salad a subtly smoky, caramelized flavor (just like other grilled veggies), which is a great match for our Caesar dressing.
3. Gimme S’More Grilled Brownies: Of course you know you can make s’mores on the grill—my kids seem to think s’mores are the reason humans harnessed fire—but did you know you can make brownies (!) on the BBQ? Put these two classics together in one kid-pleasing grillable dessert.
4. Grilled Tomato-Basil Pita Pizzas: Think of the grill as your own personal pizza oven. Then say hello to this 10-minute pita pizza and goodbye to the pizza delivery guy.
5. Grilled Crab Cakes: When I first saw this recipe, I thought “Of course. Crab cakes are a lot like burgers. How did I not think of this?!” Don’t think your kids are going to be into this? Try dressing them up like this.
6. Grilled-to-Perfection Peaches: The title of this recipe says it all. Grilling peaches brings out their natural sweetness and makes them warm and tender, like the best peach pie filling.
7. Warm Italiano Spread: I never thought I would grill a spread, but last summer this was my go-to appetizer at all our cookouts. Heavy duty foil makes just about anything possible, and I sure am glad, because everyone loves pesto, fresh tomatoes and TWO kinds of warm, melty cheese.
8. Grilled Steak Fries with Spicy Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce: Yup, that’s right: Fries on the grill. Steak fries are thicker so they won’t fall apart, and they look lovely with those beautiful grill marks. This recipe is always a hit for the whole family.
9. Grilled Flatbread with Chorizo & Peppers: Believe it or not, pizza dough is a cinch to cook on the grill—it turns out perfectly crunchy and golden brown. Topped with salsa, chorizo and colorful fresh peppers, it’s basically a Spanish-style pepperoni pizza. That’s what I tell the kids, anyway.
10. Grilled Chicken Quesadillas: Don’t hide your quesadillas in the kitchen all summer! Cooking them on the grill toasts the tortillas to perfection and gives them a hint of smoky flavor. This version is simple, but BBQ chicken and some quick-pickled onions give this recipe enough pizzazz to be a favorite for the grown-ups too.