On those mornings when I just want to hit the snooze button forever (OK, that’s most mornings), I need something that’s going to make me feel like the rock star/superhero/professional athlete that I am (deep down inside, anyway). And I need it to take 10 minutes or less to put together since I’ve snoozed through most of breakfast time. These fruit smoothie recipes fit the bill.
1. Watermelon Smoothie: While watermelon season’s in full swing, this is my go-to—it’s super-refreshing and couldn’t be simpler. Three ingredients go in, one deliciously fruity smoothie comes out. Drop the mic (but not the blender), leave the house.
2. Banana & Peanut Butter Smoothie: Peanut butter and bananas go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong. Plus they make they creamiest smoothie you’ve ever had.
3. Pineapple-Orange-Mango Smoothie: This is what I drink when I’m longing for a tropical vacation…and that’s most days. I’m a big fan of replacing ice in my smoothies (and, uh, other blender drinks) with frozen mango chunks because it keeps my smoothies thick and velvety.
4. Super Berry Smoothie: Greek yogurt and mixed berries are the basis of some of the best smoothies, but there’s one surprise ingredient that adds the “super” to this recipe: pomegranate juice.
5. Apple-Oatmeal Smoothie: OK, so maybe apple pie isn’t the best breakfast-time food. But this smoothie totally hits the same spot with apples, cinnamon and nutty oats—and it’s still a smart choice for a healthy lifestyle.
Next time you’re looking for a quick and simple start to your day, let your blender and your travel mug be your best friends.