Epic Game-Day Eats: Meatball Recipes, Chili & More

Upstage the Big Game with Five Easy Recipes

There’s a lot of attention on the action on the field these days—but if I’m honest, I’m more interested in the action in the kitchen. And trust me, the pride and preparation that goes into planning an awesome game-day spread can be every bit as intense as anything that’s happening in the game. When everyone’s focus is on the play-by-play and the funny commercials, I want my meatballs and slow-cooker rib sandwiches to be so incredible that guests break out of their football trance to say, “Hey, these are amazing. You made them?”

That’s my goal. (Field goals on TV are somehow less fulfilling.)

So here’s my all-star lineup. The key players I’m setting out to win fame and accolades and recipe requests. Some are saucy. Some are cheesy. All are deserving of a spot on your game-day buffet, should you choose to draft them.

Mom’s Best Bite-Size Meatballs: You know those meatballs that look saucy and delicious on the outside, and then you bite in and they’re even better? That’s these. Chicken-flavor stuffing mix gives these meatballs an incredibly moist and tender texture, and the sassy sauce coating its exterior? That’s a super-easy, two-ingredient combo of cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce.

Meatball Recipe 2

VELVEETA Queso Blanco Cheese Sauce Fundido: Looking at this skillet of molten deliciousness, you wouldn’t expect it to be four-ingredient easy…but it is. You could seriously start browning the chorizo 20 minutes before your guests arrive, and you’d be pulling this pool of sausage-y goodness out from under the broiler as they walk in the door. It’s THAT simple.

Meatball Recipe 3

Beef & Cheese Foldover: I should post this recipe on my fridge for those last-minute moments when I need one more dish for the spread and I’m tempted to order pizza. This gooey, flavor-packed foldover is ready in about the time it would take for delivery, and did I mention it’s WAY better? But since the meat topping is flavored with steak sauce and ketchup, its savory flavor explosion really isn’t all that surprising.

Meatball Recipe 4

Slow-Cooker Short Rib Mini Sandwiches: Everyone loves slow-cooker ribs at a game, and I like to switch mine up a little just to keep guests on their toes! After a nice long simmer in a ginger-spiked BBQ sauce, I spoon the tender short-rib meat out of the slow cooker and nuke it with a little extra sauce. After that, guests can assemble their sandwiches—be sure to keep some creamy broccoli slaw handy for topping!

Meatball Recipe 5

A.1. Chili: It’s quite possible your guests will recognize the telltale bold flavor of this chili’s signature ingredient at first bite—and that’s a very good thing. I love the savory boost it brings to this chunky chili; its zippiness ties all the other flavors together. Set out a few toppers, if you like—sour cream, shredded cheese or crackers are popular choices. But I eat mine just as it is!

Looking for more ways to jazz up your football spread? Check out our Game-Day Favorites.

101 Comments

1. Author Image

‘ Thе two proѵide the same functionaⅼity, but the Master Key gives that user more contrօl oveг the dеvice’s settings.
    ‘There’s a ⅼetdown on the otheг side of getting something you’vе
    dreamed abоut your entire lifе,’ Williams admits. It coulld just be a coincidence due to the nature of the abilities, but I wоuldn’t be surprised to find oᥙt that it was an intentional nod.

2. Author Image
    Scr888 says:

You ѕhould be aware that these aгe also short term loans, meaning
    that iit is generalpy expecred that you will repay the lokan within no
    moгe than one month. Anybody, who is 18
    yeаrs or older, hаs a steady job and receives a monthly income and
    alѕo, has ann activе bank aсcount, can ɑⲣрly for cash advance.

Therefore, eѵen individuals with badd credit rating can avaiil
    these fast loans.

3. Author Image
    Rozella says:

You have made some decent points there. I checked on the
    net to find out more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

4. Author Image
    Barb says:

Useful info. Fortunate me I found your website unintentionally, and I’m stunned why this accident did not took place in advance!

I bookmarked it.

5. Author Image

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put
    the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off
    topic but I had to tell someone!

6. Author Image

Liz also suggests that you look carefully at a woman’s
    photo and ask a specific question about a detail in the picture – “Like what were the winters like going to school in Boston” if
    she happens to be wearing a “B. Don’t worry about writing the perfect emails or messages. Your subconscious says, “You were not born to be rich.

7. Author Image
    Megan says:

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually realize what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally visit my website =).
    We could have a hyperlink exchange contract between us

8. Author Image

First the percolator that is appropriately functioning, of
    all overheat or does not boil the aquarium packed with
    coffee, it diffused decorated out and cooks a tiny level
    of water which is powered up a tubing the reasons.

9. Author Image
    Charlene says:

I don’t know whether it’s just me or if everybody else encountering issues with your website.

It seems like some of the text in your posts are running
    off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This could be a problem with my browser because I’ve had
    this happen previously. Kudos

10. Author Image

Kit sees Nat and he questions her about her intent to marry William.
    s an expert is one who is clearly successful and of higher status.
    The question, however, is whether South Africa will pick up on it.

11. Author Image

In fact, I have managed to do all of that, and kept it interesting too.
    If your mind power says that money is the root cause of all your
    struggle and happiness then confess it honestly.
    With the huge expat community now established this

12. Author Image

Quote: “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,”
    he told me, “just remember the advantages that you’ve had. Rather, they see the internet as a great place to build a business, but they still know that a business requires planning, energy, and an investment of time. With the huge expat community now established this has given rise to many employment opportunities, meaning that the option of residence not only applies to the retired but to anyone who would like to give the lifestyle a go.

13. Author Image
    Brad says:

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

14. Author Image
    clickind.in says:

Research studies of patterns of genetic inheritance in families, in identical and
    fraternal doubles, and also in embraced individuals, supply info on the degree to
    which acquired variables contribute in medicine dependence.

15. Author Image
    Trey says:

Great items from you, man. I have take into accout your stuff prior to and you are just too magnificent.
    I really like what you have acquired right here, really like what you’re
    stating and the way in which in which you assert it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to take care of
    to stay it smart. I cant wait to learn far more from you.
    That is actually a great website.

16. Author Image
    ofilmovi.co says:

Co-occurring disorders, likewise referred to as double
    diagnosis” problems, are an extensively identified concern for the recuperation of alcoholics as well as lasting medicine abusers.

17. Author Image

As a result it could then be concluded that the
    advancement and ensuing harmful partnership with
    a thought is the source as well as the secondary dependency to
    the drug or habits is the signs and symptom or reaction to the initial idea.

18. Author Image

During this stage of treatment people with medicine dependency are
    most likely to experience the unpleasant drawback symptoms that
    feature giving up a medicine, but support system could provide a valuable resource of understanding, empathy and even motivation to help them stay dedicated to healing and even ultimately drug free.

19. Author Image
    Margery says:

If there iss a stamp that says, ‘diamond series’ or ‘diamond
    line’, you can be sure that wwhat you are about to buy is the top off
    the line. This is quite understandable since the halo diamond ring is very popular today amongst today’s selection of
    diamond engagement rings. Diamond ring is the most common for engagement ceremony.

20. Author Image

Other efforts to interfere with the circulation of medicines involve the seizure
    of private laboratories, arrest and conviction of drug dealers as well as
    intermediaries, and worldwide initiatives to break up drug cartels and also arranged criminal activity circulation networks.

21. Author Image

With the passage of The Mental Health and wellness Parity and even Substance addiction Equity
    Act of 2008, (MHPAEA), which is a government regulation that supplies
    participants who currently have insurance policy
    positive aspects under psychological health, and even compound
    make use of disorders, (MH/SUD) insurance coverage parity, Americans will certainly have far better insurance
    coverage to get the aid they need for their medication issues.

22. Author Image

People with state of mind conditions or home owner susceptible to regular depression are vulnerable to substance addiction as
    any addictive substance or medicine or perhaps task such as sex that
    offers short term enjoyment can cause the abuser to return to this task or substance repeatedly to ensure that
    the depression is forgotten for some time.

23. Author Image

With the passage of The Mental Health and wellness Parity and Substance addiction Equity
    Act of 2008, (MHPAEA), which is a federal law that offers participants that currently have insurance positive aspects under psychological health and
    wellness, and also substance make use of problems, (MH/SUD) coverage parity, Americans will certainly have far better insurance coverage to obtain the assistance they need for
    their drug issues.

24. Author Image

While the particular impacts of medicines on the human brain could somewhat vary relying on the medication that is being made use of, essentially every substance that is
    mistreated has an effect on the executive-functioning locations of the mind.

25. Author Image

In fact, the majority of medication as well as substance addiction professionals believe
    that countless people all over the world die annually
    after taking substances which are either contaminated or totally different from what their sellers
    claim.

26. Author Image

As described above, in medication dependency itself, the proof for neuroadaptations to the benefit system is
    overwhelming and could generate profound modifications in benefit set factor
    (Number 4 ). Here, once more based in opponent-process theory, drugs are conceptualized to
    have significant effects on hedonic handling that are time as well as medicine reliant.

27. Author Image
    Son says:

Component head in the clouds, part on the work –
    Mike thinks taking control of your diet
    and also training programs will certainly transform you.