Earth Day - Ideas for repurposing your MALLOW Bits canisters
April 22, 2013
Every year on April 22, we celebrate Earth Day. A day on which events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. My family and I do our part daily by recycling paper and plastics, conserving water, turning off the lights when we're not in the room, and by repurposing items.
I'm happy to share with you five of my favorite reuses for empty JET-PUFFED Vanilla MALLOW Bits canisters. These canisters are fabulous! There are so many ways you can repurpose them. It's easy to collect several canisters quickly since MALLOW Bits are delicious. We add them to many of our desserts such as ice cream, cookies, cereal, JELL-O and lots more.
- Kid's snacks on the go: I have a two and a four-year old boy who love snacks. Whenever I leave the house, I make sure to grab two containers filled with their favorite snacks. I find the lids on the canisters very useful too because I can pour out a few if needed or just let them pull out one a time too through the large opening.
- Bathroom organizer: No more messy cabinets and drawers in my home. I also store my hair pins and pony tail bands.
- Arts and crafts supplies containers: From pens to brushes, we store it all. These containers are fabulous because I get to pull out only what we're going to use without making a scattering mess when I'm crafting with my boys.
- Dry goods storage: See-through containers are the best when storing food in your pantry because you can easily see what's in them and they save lots of space. I store pretty much everything - pastas, grains, spices, chocolate chips, nuts, powders and more!
- Homemade bubble solution bottle: My boys, like most kids, are fascinated with bubbles. We used to go through bottles and bottles of store-bought bubble solution until I learned how to make my own solution. Now we go through gallons! The canisters cap is great because it minimizes the spillage in case the bottle falls down or the boys tilt it over accidentally.
Homemade Bubbles Solution:
2 cups water
1/2 cup dishwashing soap
1/4 cup glycerin
Mix well and have fun!!
Here's a list of other ways you can reuse your canisters:
Store pet snacks
Baby cereal container
Store nails and screws
Store beads and buttons
Confetti or glitter shaker
Office supplies storage
Kids' mini blocks storage
Golf tees container
Play doll's accessories organizer
What will you use your empty JET-PUFFED Vanilla MALLOW Bits canisters?
For more marshmallow recipes, crafts and more, visit Alejandra at www.facebook.com/JetPuffed and at her blog www.TheMarshmallowStudio.com