Product Recall: One SKU of
Velveeta Cheesy Skillet
Singles Due to Undeclared Soy:
sign up for email
tips & ideas
add a recipe
Karen's New Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verde
add your photo
5 large servings of three enchiladas
2 hr 30 min
Chicken & Turkey Entrees
what you need
1 (3-4 lb.) whole chicken, thawed and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
2 cans (4 oz. each) green chilies (chopped or sliced), drained
2 cans (15 oz. each) green chili enchilada sauce
2 cups KRAFT Grated Monterrey Jack Cheese
15 regular sized flour tortillas
13x9 baking dish (metal or glass)
1. Boil whole chicken until meat is no longer pink.
2. Remove skin and debone meat, shred meat and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Open all of the cans (except for one of the green enchilada sauce cans), cheese, tortillas, near microwave.
5. Place dessert sized plate in microwave.
6. Place one tortilla on plate in microwave.
7. Microwave tortilla for 8 seconds ONLY.
9. Remove tortilla, place in a 13x9 baking pan (metal or glass).
10. Put 1 Tbsp. enchilada sauce lengthwise on middle of tortilla
11. Follow with 1 Tbsp. black beans, 1 Tbsp. cheese, and 1/4 cup chicken. Roll up enchilada.
12. Repeat process until all tortillas are filled and rolled in pan.
13. Top with enchilada sauce until tortillas are thinly but evenly covered. (If you need the 2nd can, open it)
14. Top sauce with remaining cheese, black olive slices and green chilies.
14. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
ENJOY (and expect A LOT of compliments)
You can also use corn or wheat tortillas if you prefer.
You can alter the amounts of ingredients to taste, but I found this works best.
Offer additional toppings such as shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream to complete this great dish! Let me know how you like it!
add to recipe box
send to a friend
This recipe has not yet been rated.
Be the first to rate this recipe.
use what's on hand
Not sure what to make? Tell us which ingredients you'd like to use, and we'll make a suggestion.
Salads & sides
sign up for email
add to circles
on the go
iFood assistant apps
kraft mobile recipes
advertise with us
interest based ads
more from kraft foods
subscribe to magazine
kraft foods corporate
other kraft foods sites
collaborate with kraft
kraft corporate facebook
© 2013 Kraft Foods. All rights reserved
browse by meal
breakfast & brunch
holidays & entertaining
quick & easy recipes
1 bag 5 dinners
st. patrick’s day recipes
hearty irish recipes
slow-cooker chicken recipes
hot appetizer recipes
artichoke dip recipes
slow-cooker pork recipes
ground beef recipes
comfort food recipes
chicken tetrazzini florentine
Enjoy this recipe which is sure to become a family favorite!
st. patrick’s day
basketball party recipes
for nutrition professionals
healthy living recipes
kids can cook
kids in the kitchen
how to make cookie balls
charts & guides
what’s in season
JELL-O mold shop
Our St. Patrick's Day recipes will keep those Irish eyes smiling!
kraft foods community
kraft first taste
big game nachos
shares her recipe for nachos featuring four layers of snack happiness!
Recipe and Photo by Blogger Liz Mays
what people are talking about
st. patrick’s day
kitchen basics videos
slow-cooker cheesy bacon strata
easy cheesy potato fans
herbed french salad
parmesan-garlic monkey bread
vanilla snickerdoodle cookies
how to cook quinoa
how to poach an egg
slow-cooker bbq beef stew
bacon water chestnuts
This classic appetizer recipe is always a crowd-pleaser!
PLANTERS PEANUT BUTTER
KRAFT BARBECUE SAUCE
STOVE TOP Stuffing recipes
COOL WHIP recipes
KRAFT ZESTY ITALIAN recipes
KRAFT Real Mayo recipes
tools & info
nutrition & ingredient info
New PHILADELPHIA 2X Protein – try it in two flavors, regular and honey.
sign up to become a member