This make-ahead ice cream cake will bring smiles all around this summer!
OREO & Fudge Ice Cream Cake
What You Need
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
8 OREO Cookies, chopped (about 1 cup)
12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
1. Pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping with a wire whisk until it's well blended. The consistency of fudge topping can vary depending on what brand you purchase. If your fudge topping mixture is too thick to spread easily, stir in 1/4 cup milk.
2. Chop the OREO cookies roughly into chunks. They don't all have to be the same size. Stir into the pudding mixture.
3. Arrange 4 of the ice cream sandwiches, side by side, on a 24x12-inch piece of foil; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers.
4. Top the pudding mixture with the remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches. The layers create a neat striped effect when sliced.
5. Frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped topping. It doesn't have to look perfect.
6. Bring up the foil sides. Double fold the top and ends to loosely seal the packet. Freeze at least 4 hours before serving. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before serving. Store leftover dessert in the freezer. Makes 12 servings.