cooking 101: triple-chocolate mousse cake
Just in time for the season, this deceptively easy dessert bakes up with a rich mousse layer—a delectable way to wow a holiday crowd.
PREP: 25 min.
TOAL: 4 hours 55 min. (incl. refrigerating)
MAKES: 24 servings.
What You Need:
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 7 eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Breakstone's or Knudsen Sour Cream
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
Make It: 1. Heat
oven to 375o
F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray; pour in chocolate syrup.
cake mix, water, oil and 3 eggs with mixer 2 min. or until well blended; blend in sour cream. Pour over syrup in pan.
cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add remaining eggs; mix well. Blend in milk and chocolate; gently spoon over cake batter. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed-side down.
tube pan in large pan. Add 2 inches water to larger pan. Bake 1 hour 30 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate 2 hours. Invert cake onto plate; remove pan. Serve with Cool Whip.