Cooking 101: Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Elegant and packed with flavor, the real joy of these stuffed chicken breasts is how deceptively easy they are to make.
what you need
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb.)
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing
make it1. PREHEAT
oven to 350°F. To prepare stuffing, combine tomatoes and their liquid, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, basil and dry stuffing mix, stirring until just moistened.
2. PUT 2 chicken breast halves in a large, freezer weight resealable bag. Pound the chicken with the side of a heavy can, rolling pin or meat mallet until chicken is 1/4-inch thick. Repeat process in the same bag with remaining chicken breasts, 2 at a time.
3. PLACE pounded chicken breast, smooth side down, on a cutting board.Spread with 1/8 of the stuffing
4. ROLL chicken breast, starting at the narrow end, as tightly as possible around stuffing mixture.
5. PLACE in 13x9-inch baking dish with seam side down, as this allows the chicken to hold together nicely. Pour dressing evenly over chicken and bake for 40 min.
6. SPRINKLE with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake 5 min. longer, or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 170°F). Makes 8 servings.