Get recipe: Perfect Gravy
Does your gravy need a little help? Follow our simple steps to learn how to make homemade gravy that's smooth and delicious every time.
What you need
- Drippings from cooked turkey
- Cool water or fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
1. Pour drippings (juice and fat) from roasting pan carefully into a heatproof measuring cup or fat separator. Let stand until fat rises to the top.
2. Remove 1/4 cup of the fat; return to roasting pan. Discard any remaining fat. Add enough water or broth to remaining drippings to measure 2 cups.
3. Gradually add flour to drippings mixture, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended.
4. Return drippings mixture to roasting pan over two burners. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 10 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
5. Season to taste with pepper, stirring lightly with whisk.
6. Pour or spoon gravy into gravy boat to serve. Makes 2 cups or 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. each.