Featured Brand Sites
Product By Category
Tools & Info
Read MoreRead Less
Tap or click steps to mark as complete
• If you don’t like butter beans or kidney beans, you can swap out an equivalent amount of a variety of beans you DO like. For instance, you can sub in 2 cups of cooked (or 1 can of) pinto beans, black beans, navy beans, or cannellini beans. If you’re not fond of pork and beans, you can sub in homemade or purchased baked beans.
• This is equally delicious made with ground venison or elk! I imagine it would be pretty fantastic with any red game meat.
• Mince those onions tiny if you want them to ‘disappear’ in cooking because you’re dealing with picky eaters. If they’re likely to balk at even that, you can replace the chopped onion with 1 ½ teaspoons of onion powder mixed in with the rest of the ingredients before baking.
• If you want to make this meal even faster, you can use your preferred bottled barbecue sauce (KRAFT Barbecue Sauce, for example) in place of the sauce ingredients. (Both variations are included in the recipe.)• This can be baked in the oven or prepared in the slow-cooker. How’s that for versatility? (Both variations are included in the recipe.)
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.