Recipe and Photo by: Better Homes and Gardens
Top a ready-made Italian bread shell with artichoke hearts, zucchini, and skillet-cooked chicken breasts to make this hearty pizza.
6-1/2-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
red or green sweet pepper, chopped
tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
sliced fresh mushrooms
green onions, thinly sliced
plum or small tomatoes, sliced
2-1/4-ounce can sliced pitted ripe olives
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon seasoned salt
teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
teaspoon basil, crushed
16-ounce package Italian bread shell (12-inch Boboli)
shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid. Cut artichoke hearts into bite-size pieces; set aside.
2. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut into cubes and set aside.
3. In a large skillet cook and stir zucchini and sweet pepper in hot oil until crisp-tender; remove from skillet. Add mushrooms and green onions to skillet. Cook and stir until just tender; remove from skillet.
4. In the same skillet cook chicken, half at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Return all chicken to skillet. Stir in reserved artichoke hearts and liquid, tomatoes, olives, vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, oregano, and basil. Combine cornstarch and water; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Return all vegetables to skillet; stir until combined.
5. Place bread shell on a lightly greased baking sheet. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until mozzarella cheese melts and pizza is heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
nutritional info per serving
K:63636v0:147569 Copyright - © [1994-2013] Meredith Corporation