Recipe and Photo by: Better Homes and Gardens
Chicken breasts are cut into 1-inch chunks and get a quick sauté in a skillet with eggplant, garlic and peppers in this hearty pasta recipe.
boneless skinless chicken breasts
14-1/2-ounce can tomato wedges
8-ounce can tomato sauce
teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
teaspoon dried basil, crushed
green sweet pepper, cut into strips (1 cup)
onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
mafalada or other pasta, cooked and drained
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
2. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together reserved tomato juice, tomato sauce, wine, cornstarch, oregano, basil, and salt. Set aside.
3. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add green pepper and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove pepper mixture from the wok.
4. Add eggplant to the hot wok; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Remove eggplant from the wok.
5. Add chicken to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains. Push chicken from the center of the wok.
6. Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked pepper mixture and eggplant to the wok. Add tomato wedges. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
nutritional info per serving
K:63614v0:147562 Copyright - © [1994-2013] Meredith Corporation