1. Grease the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with 1 teaspoon margarine or butter. Press ground almonds onto the bottom of the pan. Melt 1 pound chocolate in a heavy saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly; cool.
2. Beat melted chocolate, cream cheese, the 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/3 cup milk, and liqueur or milk in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add whole eggs and egg yolk all at once. Beat on low speed just until combined.
3. Pour filling into the nut-lined springform pan. Place the pan in a shallow baking pan on the oven rack. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 55 minutes or until 1 to 2 inches of outside edge appear set when shaken gently.
4. Remove springform pan from baking pan. Cool cheesecake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Use a small metal spatula to loosen cheesecake from sides of pan. Cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan. Cool 1 hour; cover and chill at least 4 hours.
5. To serve, garnish with chocolate leaves, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and berries, if desired. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
FOR chocolate leaves recipe copy and paste this into the address bar: http://bhg.com/recipe/recipedetail.jhtml?recipeId=34862