Product Recall: We are voluntarily recalling fewer than 8,000 cases of regular Kraft American Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Productlimited to 4 SKUs on two “Best When Used By” dates of February 20, 2015 and February 21, 2015. Click Here.
1. Combine mix, baking soda, cinnamon in bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, sour cream, vanilla in second bowl. Stir dry mixture into egg mixture. Place on floured surface; gently knead in chips. Shape into disk; wrap. Chill 3 hours or overnight.
2. For frosting, heat cream in small saucepan until steaming. Pour over chocolate in a bowl; stir until smooth.
3. Unwrap dough; pat 1/2 inch thick on floured surface. Cut out doughnuts using a floured 2 1/2-inch cutter, and a 3/4-inch cutter for holes.
4. Heat 2 inches oil in deep pan to 365 degrees F. Slide a few doughnuts and holes into oil; fry until dark golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper toweling. Repeat.
5. Dip in frosting. Or, pour glaze over both sides of doughnuts. (Or, dust doughnuts with confectioners' sugar.)