1. Combine mix, baking soda, cinnamon in bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, sour cream, vanilla in second bowl. Stir dry mixture into egg mixture. Place on floured surface; gently knead in chips. Shape into disk; wrap. Chill 3 hours or overnight.
2. For frosting, heat cream in small saucepan until steaming. Pour over chocolate in a bowl; stir until smooth.
3. Unwrap dough; pat 1/2 inch thick on floured surface. Cut out doughnuts using a floured 2 1/2-inch cutter, and a 3/4-inch cutter for holes.
4. Heat 2 inches oil in deep pan to 365 degrees F. Slide a few doughnuts and holes into oil; fry until dark golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper toweling. Repeat.
5. Dip in frosting. Or, pour glaze over both sides of doughnuts. (Or, dust doughnuts with confectioners' sugar.)