Recipe and Photo by: Better Homes and Gardens
In the mood for extra-crispy chicken? Use store-bought cornbread stuffing mix to make these baked chicken thighs extra special. Bucket optional.
pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
corn bread stuffing mix
margarine or butter
1. Turn on oven to 375 degree F. Remove skin from chicken by pulling it away from meat; throw skin away. Put chicken pieces aside. Pour stuffing mix in a plastic bag; seal or tie plastic bag closed. Use a rolling pin to crush stuffing mix. Pour stuffing mix into a pie plate.
2. Crack the egg into a mixing bowl. Beat egg with a fork until white and yolk are mixed. Add milk to beaten egg. Stir in honey, if you like.
3. Dip each piece of chicken into egg mixture, turning to coat completely. Then roll each chicken piece in crumb mixture. Press crumbs onto chicken pieces so they stick. Place chicken pieces, meaty sides up, in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle chicken with any remaining stuffing mix.
4. Put butter or margarine in a saucepan. Put pan on a burner; turn burner to low heat. When margarine is melted, turn off burner and remove saucepan from heat. Drizzle melted margarine over the chicken pieces.
5. Put baking pan in oven. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until no pink color is left in the center of a chicken piece. (To check chicken for doneness, use hot pads to remove pan from oven and cut into a chicken pieces with a knife to check that chicken isn't pink.) Turn off oven. Let pan stand 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Makes 4 servings.
K:63157v0:147490 Copyright - © [1994-2013] Meredith Corporation