chocolate cake recipe favorites
There's nothing like a perfectly moist and yummy chocolate cake. Our Kraft Kitchens experts picked these chocolate cake favorites just for you. The icing on top? They're easy to make. Looking for even more chocolate options? Check out our delicious chocolate cheesecake recipes
Think digging into a rich and delicious chocolate cake is aw...
Layered with creamy whipped topping, piled high with fresh b...
This luscious chocolate cake is a guaranteed standout at any...
Extra chocolate and pudding mix in the batter make this fudg...
SOooooo good! everyone loved it
Sour cream makes this homemade chocolate layer cake rich and...
Here's the chocolate version of the classic jelly roll cake—...
Chocolate cake + peanut butter + an ooey-gooey center = a c...
Make this super-easy, one-bowl showstopper for friends. If y...
Chocolate Cake Secrets
- Don’t try to mix cake batter ahead of time. The leavening (baking soda or baking powder) begins working almost immediately, whether you are using a box mix or a scratch recipe. The filled cake pans should go in the oven as soon as the batter is ready.
- Cake layers freeze surprisingly well. Place cooled, unfrosted cakes in freezer-weight resealable plastic bags and freeze up to 3 months. When ready to serve, let stand 1 to 2 hours at room temperature, then frost as desired. Check out more tips for freezing baked goods.
- Use your (thawed) chocolate cake layers in our recipe for Chocolate Orange Layer Cake. It can be assembled in just 20 minutes!
- Some cakes, like our Best-Ever Chocolate Fudge Cake, actually improve after being stored overnight in the refrigerator.
- To make whipped cream frosting ahead of time, be sure to use our recipe for Chef’s Secret Whipped Cream.
- The next time you need to transport a cake or cupcakes, use an inexpensive bakery-style box purchased from a craft store. Your treats will stay intact without using an expensive plastic carrier.
- BAKER’S Chocolate is available in many varieties. Be sure to follow the recipe and purchase the correct product. Learn even more about chocolate at our Chocolate Center.
- Use our chocolate tips for success to avoid getting tripped up when melting chocolate for your recipe.
- Some of the simplest desserts are the most impressive. The main trick behind our Molten Chocolate Cakes is to be careful not to overbake them. Watch the video to see how these restaurant-style cakes can be prepared in just 15 minutes.
- Get the kids into the kitchen! They’ll love helping make our Mini OREO Surprise Cupcakes. Check out the step-by-step recipe here.
- For a simple cake filling in a hurry, use COOL WHIP Extra Creamy Whipped Topping.
- For an extra-moist treat, try adding 1 pkg. JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding to your favorite boxed chocolate cake mix.
- Fresh fruit makes an easy, but impressive, garnish for cakes. For an over-the-top presentation, use our Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries to garnish your dessert.
- For a bakery look in no time, melt 2 squares chopped BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate as directed on package, then drizzle over your cake.