Ethnic Cuisine: Chinese
Home to over one-fifth of the world's population, China is a vast and ancient country rich in culinary heritage.
Stocking the Chinese Kitchen
Strips of colorful veggies and fragrant minced gingerroot ma...
This was very yummy. I'm just learning how to make tofu and...
Speedy, low-fat, low-cal. Veggies and tender chicken in a su...
Classic Chinese Dishes
- Beef with Peppers: stir-fry of thinly sliced beef, red and green bell peppers and onion in a sauce flavored with sesame oil, five-spice powder and soy sauce. Try this Asian Peanut Beef & Noodles for Two recipe.
- Crispy Egg Rolls or Won Tons: egg roll or won ton wrappers filled with seasoned ground pork and vegetables and fried until crisp; served as appetizers. Try this Crispy Won Tons with Asian Dipping Sauce recipe.
- Fried Rice: cold cooked rice fried with egg, seasonings, soy sauce and small pieces of meat and vegetables. Try this Shrimp Fried Rice recipe.
- Lo Mein: boiled noodles combined with stir-fried ingredients and sauce. Try this Chicken Lo Mein recipe.
- Kung Pao Chicken: spicy stir-fry of chicken and vegetables seasoned with garlic, ginger, dried chilies, sherry, vinegar, soy sauce and peanuts. Try this Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry recipe.
- Pot Stickers: crescent-shaped appetizer dumplings filled with seasoned ground pork and vegetables that are browned in oil then steamed until tender. Try this Potsticker Dumplings recipe.
- Sweet and Sour Pork: marinated pork pieces coated in cornstarch, deep-fried and served with stir-fried vegetables and pineapple in a sweet-sour sauce. Try this Slow-Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork recipe.
- Won Ton Soup: won tons filled with seasoned cabbage, ground pork and shrimp served in chicken broth with bok choy and green onions. Try this Won Ton Soup recipe.