Ethnic Cuisine: Chinese
Home to over one-fifth of the world's population, China is a vast and ancient country rich in culinary heritage.
Stocking the Chinese Kitchen
I was nervous about all the comments before, so i used only ...
This was very yummy. I'm just learning how to make tofu and...
Speedy, low-fat, low-cal. Veggies and tender chicken in a su...
Classic Chinese Dishes
- Beef with Peppers: stir-fry of thinly sliced beef, red and green bell peppers and onion in a sauce flavored with sesame oil, five-spice powder and soy sauce. Try this Asian Peanut Beef & Noodles for Two recipe.
- Crispy Egg Rolls or Won Tons: egg roll or won ton wrappers filled with seasoned ground pork and vegetables and fried until crisp; served as appetizers. Try this Crispy Won Tons with Asian Dipping Sauce recipe.
- Fried Rice: cold cooked rice fried with egg, seasonings, soy sauce and small pieces of meat and vegetables. Try this Shrimp Fried Rice recipe.
- Lo Mein: boiled noodles combined with stir-fried ingredients and sauce. Try this Chicken Lo Mein recipe.
- Kung Pao Chicken: spicy stir-fry of chicken and vegetables seasoned with garlic, ginger, dried chilies, sherry, vinegar, soy sauce and peanuts. Try this Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry recipe.
- Pot Stickers: crescent-shaped appetizer dumplings filled with seasoned ground pork and vegetables that are browned in oil then steamed until tender. Try this Potsticker Dumplings recipe.
- Sweet and Sour Pork: marinated pork pieces coated in cornstarch, deep-fried and served with stir-fried vegetables and pineapple in a sweet-sour sauce. Try this Slow-Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork recipe.
- Won Ton Soup: won tons filled with seasoned cabbage, ground pork and shrimp served in chicken broth with bok choy and green onions. Try this Won Ton Soup recipe.