Ethnic Cuisine: French
French cuisine is considered one of the world’s most refined cuisines and has evolved over the centuries. Ingredients and dishes vary by region.
Stocking the French Kitchen
|In the Pantry:
> Fleur de sel (Sea salt)
> Herbes de Provence
> Dijon mustard
|In the Fridge:
> Puff pastry
> Butter (unsalted)
> Green beans
> Mushrooms (white button, porcini)
Nothing warms the heart like bites of crusty, cheesy French ...
How soon can you get this savory Swiss cheese, ham and slice...
this is one of my go to recipes. i have been making it forev...
Classic French Dishes
- French Onion Soup: classic soup featuring a rich broth filled to the brim with golden brown onions, topped with a slice of toasted bread and gooey melted cheese. Try this French Onion Soup recipe.
- Potato-Leek Soup: a hearty and flavorful soup of potatoes and leeks, simply simmered with seasonings in either broth or water. Try this Garlic Potato Leek Soup recipe.
- Ratatouille: a popular Provencal dish of mixed vegetables that may include eggplant, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers or zucchini along with garlic and herbs. Try this KRAFT Easy Fall Ratatouille recipe.
- Potatoes Au Gratin: potatoes that are topped with a mixture of cheese or breadcrumbs and butter, then baked or broiled until brown and crispy. Try this Classic Potatoes Au Gratin recipe.
- Caramelized Onion Tart: baked tart of caramelized onions nestled atop a crispy crust. Try this Caramelized Onion Tart recipe.
- Coq Au Vin: a traditional French dish of chicken, vegetables and herbs cooked together with red wine. Try this Made-Over Coq au Vin recipe.
- Cassoulet: a slowly cooked casserole of white beans and various meats (such as sausages, pork and preserved duck or goose), which varies from region to region. Try this Quick Pork Cassoulet.
- Crème Brûlée: literally translated as "burnt cream", this luscious dessert features a creamy custard beneath a brittle topping of caramelized sugar. Try this Easy Crème Brûlée.
- Chocolate Mousse: a rich and airy dessert made with chocolate and whipped cream or beaten egg whites, often fortified with gelatin. Try this Chocolate Creme Mousse recipe.