Ethnic Cuisine: Greek
Relying on fresh, flavorful ingredients and simple techniques, Greek cuisine is earthy, comforting and infused with ancient customs and culture.
Stocking the Greek Kitchen
|In the Pantry:
> Olive Oil
> Olives: Kalamata
> Pita Bread
|In the Fridge:
> Feta Cheese
> Phyllo Dough
I love to make this. It is so good.
Inspired by Greek island fare, this juicy, showstopping roas...
Here's our better-for-you version of a gyro: BOCA Burgers wi...
Classic Greek Dishes
- Spanakopita: savory pie with a phyllo crust and filling of spinach, onions, eggs and feta cheese. Try this Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups recipe.
- Tzatziki: creamy yogurt and cucumber dip flavored with garlic and dill or mint. Try this PHILADELPHIA® Cucumber and Herb Dip recipe.
- Horiatiki Salata: classic salad of tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, feta cheese and olive oil. Try this Easy Greek Tomato and Cucumber Salad recipe.
- Kotopoulo Psito Lemonata: classic roasted chicken with lemon, garlic and herbs. Try this Greek-Style Lemon Roast Chicken recipe.
- Gyro: spit-roasted lamb slices served in pita bread with grilled onions, sweet peppers and tzatziki. Try this Chicken Gyros recipe.
- Psari Plaki: classic dish of fish baked with tomatoes, onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and seasonings. Try this Mediterranean Baked Fish recipe.
- Baklava: popular dessert of buttered phyllo layered with chopped nuts and sweetened with a spiced honey-lemon syrup. Try this Sweet Cheese Baklava recipe.
- Kourabiedes: buttery shortbread cookies coated with confectioners' sugar. Try this Pecan Shortbread Cookies recipe.