1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoon flour, salt, red pepper, white pepper, and black pepper. Toss flour mixture with chicken to coat. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Add red sweet or green pepper, onion, chopped jalapeno pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
4. Add chicken to the skillet. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
5. Stir 2 tablespoons flour into drippings in skillet. Add chicken broth, milk, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add the Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Stir 1 cup of the hot mixture into the sour cream; return all of the sour cream mixture to skillet. Stir in chicken and vegetables. Cook until heated through. Do not boil.
6. Arrange pasta on individual plates or a large platter. Spoon the chicken mixture over pasta. If desired, garnish with jalapeno pepper slices. Makes 4 main-dish servings.