Recipe and Photo by: Better Homes and Gardens
Hot stir-fried chicken breast strips are spooned over a bed of spinach, cherry tomatoes and shredded carrots in this hearty salad.
ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
white wine vinegar
tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
torn fresh spinach
cherry tomatoes, halved
jicama peeled and cut into thin bite-size strips or 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
1. Place chicken in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
2. In a small bowl stir together vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, salt, paprika, and pepper. Pour over chicken; close bag. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 5 hours, turning bag frequently.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine spinach, tomatoes, carrot, jicama or water chestnuts, and radishes. Cover and chill until serving time.
4. Spray a cold wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat over medium-high heat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Stir-fry chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Add marinade and heat until boiling.
5. Pour hot chicken mixture over salad mixture. Toss to combine. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
nutritional info per serving
K:63613v0:148212 Copyright - © [1994-2013] Meredith Corporation