Clowning Around Circus Party
A circus themed party is sure to please! Choose from our cakes, activities, and decorating ideas.
It was a great idea for my baby girl's first birthday, I cha...
I did not make the recipe, but I like the looks and I like t...
These would get a thumbs-up—if anyone could put their cupcak...
7 Great Ways to Decorate
- Invitations sent to guests can contain a ticket - have guests bring the ticket to the front door 'admission booth'.
- Nothing says carnival better than brightly colored balloons - placed all around the party area.
- For a warm-weather party, balloons can be hung outside, and the party games can be played outdoors.
- Hang colorful streamers from the center of the ceiling to the corners of the room for a fun, big top atmosphere.
- Purchase striped (red and white, preferably) paper plates, cups and napkins at a party store.
- Have bags of popcorn in small brightly colored bags for guests to snack on.
- Buy a paper tablecloth (or use a long length of Kraft paper) and let the kids decorate it themselves!
Fun For All
- Old fashioned games such as bobbing for apples, tag and hide-and-go-seek can be fun for a carnival-themed party.
- Rent a cotton-candy machine and make fresh cotton candy for the guests.
- 'Pin the nose on the clown' can be played by having guests stick a red-colored clown-nose sticker on a large, painted clown face.
- An adult dressed as a clown can paint the children faces as the children wish.
- Have a mobile petting zoo visit the party, younger children will love to pet the animals.
Fab Party Favors
- Assorted clown and animal stickers.
- Balls, and other simple small toys.
- Balloons for guests to inflate at home.
- Gumballs and lollipops and candy apples - old fashioned treats.
- Add packs of Barnum's Animal Crackers Snak Pacs.