"Ahoy Mates" Pirates Party
Welcome Aboard! Throw a great pirate birthday party using these great recipes and party tips.
7 Great Ways to Decorate:
1. Purchase helium-filled black balloons to signal the pirate party entrance.
2. Hang a skull and cross-bones pirate flag in the party area.
3. Make a treasure chest using a large box, gold wrap and jewel-colored cut-outs - place the gifts in or near it.
4. Decorate the party table with sand, seashells and toy jewels such as necklaces and foil-wrapped chocolate coins.
5. Have the guests come dressed as pirates, or paint faces and provide eye patches upon their arrival.
6. Purchase black paper plates, cups and napkins from a party store
7. Hang a length of craft paper on a wall and let guests paint their own pirate scene.
Fun For All
- Create a treasure hunt for the pirate guests; hand them a map with clues that will eventually lead to their goody bags; either hand-written clues for older guests, or picture clues for non-readers.
- Play a game of frozen tag or hide and seek to help excited pirates burn off some steam.
- Let guests decorate cupcakes using foil-wrapped chocolate coins, and white and black icing to make skulls.
Fab Party Favors
- Toy skulls, and pirate themed trinkets
- Foil-wrapped chocolate coins, for a sweet treat
- Bandanas, to wear as pirate headgear
- Pirate temporary tattoos
- Snack bags of Teddy Grahams