When the air turns crisp, you know cranberry season is upon us—along with all the sweet and savory dishes that showcase their tart and juicy charm. These shiny red berries come along just in time to costar in great harvest green salads, celebration punches and Halloween recipes
—and become a major player in both Thanksgiving
and winter holiday menus
. In addition to mains and salads, you'll find a cornucopia of tart-sweet treats. Dried cranberries are used in our Cranberry-Apple Pilgrim Pie
, and fresh cranberries star in the showstopping Cranberry-Glazed Cinnamon Cheesecake
. And if you simply can't wait for cranberry season, have a Cranberry Lemonade Spritzer
(made with cranberry juice) and peruse these cranberry recipes until the season arrives!
- Substitute some of the apples or pears in your favorite crisp or cobbler recipe with fresh cranberries for holiday color and great flavor.
- Top a brick of PHILADELPHIA BRAND Cream Cheese with some homemade cranberry relish or sauce and serve with crackers for a festive holiday appetizer spread.
- Toss chopped fresh cranberries into muffin, coffee cake or quick bread batter in place of blueberries or other fruits.
- Add a holiday touch to STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix by stirring in fresh cranberries during preparation.
- In addition to relish or sauce, use fresh cranberries to prepare homemade jellies and jams. Jazz up your favorite JELL-O Gelatin molds by adding sweetened chopped fresh cranberries.
Brandied Cranberry Sauce
Apple-Cranberry Salad Toss
Cranberry and Toasted Walnut Stuffing
Cranberry-Apple Crumb Pie