An Italian import (broccoli means "cabbage sprout" in Italian), this now-popular green vegetable was not grown commercially in the U.S. until the early 1920’s. A member of the cabbage family, fresh bunches are available year-round with peak crops harvested between October and April. This versatile vegetable can stand alone as a substantial side dish, though broccoli recipes include hearty main dish casseroles, as well as stir-fries, salads and pasta dishes. Raw broccoli is also a terrific crudité with queso dips and cheesy fondues.
- Add florets and sliced stems to your favorite stir-fry recipes and serve over hot cooked rice.
- Top baked potatoes with cooked broccoli and KRAFT Shredded Cheddar or Swiss Cheese for a meatless main dish.
- Get the kids to eat some green veggies by stirring chopped cooked broccoli into prepared KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner.
- Serve raw florets or peeled and sliced stems with your favorite KRAFT Dressing as a dip.
- Dress up plain, steamed broccoli spears by sprinkling them with KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese or toasted PLANTERS Silvered Almonds.
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche
Easy Broccoli Cottage Bake
Creamy Broccoli-Bacon Bake
Tangy Broccoli Salad