- Thinly slice young, tender leeks and add to tossed green salads in place of red or green onions.
- Use leeks in any casserole that calls for onions or garlic, especially those with ham or cheese.
- Add chopped or sliced cooked leeks to quiche fillings or scrambled eggs.
- Stir chopped cooked leeks into mashed potatoes for incredible flavor.
- Substitute leeks for onions while cooking them with carrots and celery for soup, stew and stuffing bases.
- Enhance cream sauces with leeks and serve over hot cooked pasta, vegetables, fish or poultry.
- Lemon, basil, sage, thyme and mustard all pair well with the flavor of leeks.
Creamy Potato & Leek Bake
Salmon with Leek Cream
Savory Leek & Ham Quiche
Luscious Leek & Bacon Soup
Apple, Bacon, and Leek Bread Pudding