1. Prepare and roll out pastry for a double crust pie.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine berries and 1 tablespoon water. Cook over medium-low heat till the berries "pop", stirring occasionally.
3. Combine the sugar, the flour and nutmeg; add to the gooseberries in the saucepan. Cook and stir till mixture just begins to bubble.
4. Spread mixture in the pastry-lined pie plate. Adjust top crust. Seal and flute edge. Cut slits for steam to escape. Brush top crust with cream or milk; sprinkle with a little sugar. Cover the edge of the pie with foil.
5. Bake in a 375 degrees F oven 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes more or till top is golden. Cool.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.