1 tablespoon reduced-fat real bacon bits (not imitation)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Heat the oil in a 4 1/2 Dutch oven or soup pot over high heat. Add the potatoes and onions. Cover and cook for 4 minutes, uncovering to stir about every 30 seconds. (The potatoes will stick to the pot bottom.) Add the chicken broth and stir and scrape the brown bits from the pot bottom.
2. Add the corn, then cover and cook while opening the cans. Rinse and drain the lima beans and black-eyed peas and add them to the pot, then add the tomatoes and the chicken with its juice.
3. Stir in the bacon bits, sugar, Worcestershire, pepper, basil and thyme, then re-cover and bring to a boil, uncovering occasionally and stirring. Reduce the heat to medium-high and continue boiling, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Serve at once.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.