Boil noodles according to package, rinse, and keep in cold water till needed.
Remove sausage from casing, brown sausage and ground beef, 1/2 of onion chopped fine, Kraft Dressing, bell pepper and spices; drain grease. Put meat mixture in sauce pot, add tomato paste, mix, add liquid from peeled tomatoes. Chop tomatoes medium fine (or pulse in food processor 4-5 times) add to meat mixture, add tomato sauce, and tomato puree. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 20 minutes (stir occasionally so it won’t scorch). Turn off heat and cover.
Loosely chop remaining 1/2 onion. In blender put cottage cheese, chopped onion, 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp. basil, 1/4 tsp. parsley, 1/4 cup mozzarella, 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese. Mix (if necessary add some water to help process). I put the cheese mixture in the refrigerator for a half hour after mixing, it seems to help it combine.
1. Preheat oven to 350°, line 21x13-inch foil pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, and spray with non stick cooking spray.
2. Put some sauce on bottom of pan, spread it around (approximately 1 cup).
3. Put a layer of noodles, staggering and overlapping, will need to cut some noodles in thirds.
4. Layer of sauce (about 2 1/2 cups).
6. Cheese mixture (spread over entire layer) using all.
9. Cover pan with foil.
11. Remove foil, sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top, sprinkle some parmesan on that, put back in oven uncovered for 20 minutes to melt cheese.
12. Remove from oven, let sit 10 -20 minutes, cut 6 rows the long side 3- 4 the short side.
13. Serve by removing an inside piece first. If sauce remains use it on slices.