1. Combine the rice flour, oil, asafoetida and salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the curds and a little water and knead into a soft dough.
3. Put the mixture into a chakli press and press out round whirls of the dough onto a greased baking tray, working closely from the center to the outside to the whirl (approximately 50 mm. (2") diameter). You will get about 12 chaklis.
4. Bake these chaklis in a preheated oven at 320°F (160°C) for 10 to 15 minutes. When one side of the chakli turns golden brown in color, gently flip over the chakli using a flat spoon and bake till they are light brown in color.
5. Store in an air-tight container.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.