1. In a bowl, combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, curds, green chillies, cumin seeds, oil, salt and approximately ½ cup of water. Mix well to make a thin batter.
2. Cut the banana leaves into circles using a 3" (75 mm.) diameter cookie cutter.
3. Apply a little oil on each banana leaf.
4. Heat a tava (griddle) and arrange half of the banana leaf circles on the tava.
5. Spread 2 teaspoons of the batter on each leaf and sandwich with another greased banana leaf on top.
6. Cook the panki on both sides till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves and the pancake in-between peels off the banana leaf easily.
7. Serve hot with melted butter and green chutney.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.