2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 teaspoon s salt, or to taste
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
cup 1/3 to 1/2 hot milk, half-and-half, or cream
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes with cold water to cover them. Add the salt. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer briskly, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2. Drain potatoes and return them to the pan. Over low heat, shake the potatoes in the pan to dry them out. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. Mash them with a potato masher. With a wooden spoon, beat in the butter a little at a time, followed by the milk, half-and-half, or cream. Add pepper and taste for seasoning.
4. Let the potatoes stand, covered, for about 3 to 4 minutes to mellow before serving.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.