3 small ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or 1 1/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes, drained
8 assorted bell peppers, roasted and peeled (see Tip, below)
1/2 cup frozen chopped kale or collard greens, thawed and squeezed dry
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound smoked mozzarella or Swiss cheese, cut into eight 1/4" x 2 1/2" sticks
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (preferably freshly grated)
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. For sauce: Heat oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt.
2. For peppers: Heat oven to 375°F; grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish with olive oil. Make a 2" slit along side of each pepper. Scoop out seeds and gently pull out white pulp with your fingers. Rinse and pat dry.
3. Mix kale, basil, salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese strip and 1 tablespoon kale mixture in each pepper. Arrange peppers in a single layer in prepared dish, filled side up. Pour sauce on top. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until lightly browned.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.