1. In a shallow saucepan add sugar and coconut and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble. The mixture will water a little. Add spices and continue to stir until the mixture comes together, about 20 to 30 minutes. Add a little water to prevent sticking. Remove and cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out pastry to about a quarter inch thick, cut out a four-inch diameter round. Place 1 Tbsp. of filling on the bottom portion of the pastry, leaving an edge of 1/4-inch around the filling. Bring the top portion over the coconut to cover it, crimp edges and seal with a fork. Repeat until all the pastry and coconut is used.
3. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.