1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Spray an 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until blended. Cut in shortening with pastry blender, or work it in with fingertips until lumps are no larger than small peas.
3. Stir in cream and let stand for 2-3 minutes until dough is very wet.
4. Pour remaining 1 cup all-purpose flour onto a clean, flat surface. Flour hands well. Scoop up dough and knead it on floured surface for 1 minute, roll dough about 3/4 inch thick and use biscuit cutter to make biscuits. Brush tops with melted butter.
5. Bake 16-18 minutes or until tops are evenly brown.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.