4 medium (21 oz./600 g) eggplants, each cut lengthwise into 4 slices
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp pepper
2/3 tsp iodized fine salt
1 can (8 oz./237 g) Italian style spaghetti sauce
1 cup Velveeta Cheese, grated
1 medium (2 oz./50 g) green bell pepper, diced
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. COMBINE eggplant and egg. Mix well. Coat each slice with breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
3. ADD sugar, pepper and salt (or 2/3 Tbsp. iodized rock salt) to spaghetti sauce. Arrange 8 eggplant slices on an 8" x 8" baking dish. Pour half of sauce over eggplants and top with half of cheese and bell peppers.
4. REPEAT procedure using the remaining ingredients. Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.