1. Preheat oven to 410 degrees F (210 degrees Celsius). Brush a shallow oblong tin with melted butter or oil. Sift flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in mixed herbs (leave out the herbs if you are doing plain scones). Add chopped butter, using fingertips rub butter into flour for 2 minutes or until mixture is fine and crumbly.
2. Combine beaten egg, mashed pumpkin and milk (if doing plain scones leave out pumpkin and add extra milk but not a lot). Add to flour mixture & stir with metal knife until combined.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 seconds or until smooth. Press mixture out gently to form a round, about 3/4-inch (2cm) thick. Cut the mixture into rounds using floured knife.
4. Place rounds in prepared tin & brush tops with extra milk. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are lightly golden. Turn onto a wire rake to cool. Serve warm or cold with butter, jam & cream.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.