2 green or red bell peppers cored, seeded and diced
1 can (28 oz.) chopped tomatoes
1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
4-5 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp and 1 tsp. flour
1/4 cup warm water
1 tsp red pepper (cayenne)
1 can (20 oz.) dark red kidney beans, drained
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) pinto beans, drained
1 pound ground turkey or chicken, cooked
Optional: dice and add to sautéed vegetables: 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, 4 stalks celery
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Heat oil over medium-low heat in large pot. Add the onions, garlic, and bell peppers and sauté until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, paste, and seasonings. Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Mix the flour with the water and add to above mixture. Stir in the beans and meat and simmer for 30 more minutes.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.