Optional- 1 cup cooked ground beef, 1/4 green onion, 1/2 onion, or mushrooms etc.
1/2 tsp (10ml) butter
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock + 1/3 cup (80ml) extra for later
1/2 cup (125ml) water
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1) Wash and lightly dry veggies. Chop the following: carrot into 1/4" slices, potato into 1/2" diced cubes, celery into 1" long strips, and parsley into a fine mince. Chop up any optional items now also.
2) Lightly saute the carrots, celery, potato, and any optional ingredients in butter. This is to bring out the flavors. Cook on medium heat for approx. 5 minutes or until potatoes start to brown.
3) Add the stock, water and all the other ingredients except the parsley into a saucepan (pot). Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer (just below boiling) for approx. 10-15 min or until potatoes and carrots are fork tender. Stir every 5 min. Add more stock if necessary to just cover the top of the veggies. Remove from heat, add half the parsley and use the other half to garnish. Plate and serve! Bon appetit!
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.