1. Cut each slice of bread in half. In bowl, mash cheese until smooth with a pinch of salt, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla, adjusting to taste. Spread one-fourth of cheese filling evenly over four slices of bread. Top with other slices of bread to form half-sandwiches.
2. In separate bowl, beat eggs with milk and another pinch of salt. Gently dip and soak each sandwich in egg-milk mixture, turning so both sides of each sandwich absorb liquid. Let excess drip off.
3. Heat unsalted butter in 10-inch skillet, and when hot but not brown, add sandwiches. Reduce heat and fry slowly for 5 to 7 minutes, or until first side is golden. Turn and brown second side over low heat. If sandwiches fry too quickly, filling will not be warm. Serve immediately, allowing 2 halves to each portion. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and top with sour cream and strawberries, or pass all at the table.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.